Introduction letter




My first employment was at Santam Insurance Brokers in 1990 as an intern. Two years onwards I moved to Natal and started at Apex Foundries as a data capturer and worked myself up to a secretarial position for the General Manager. Moving to Louis Trichardt in 1998, I took care of my daughter while doing some temporary jobs to gain knowledge before I applied for a long-term position as Shop Manager at Checkpoint Cash & Carry in early 2006.

When I started at Digibali Productions CC in January 2010, I was given 6 weeks to fit into a fast-paced customer support environment with minimum training. I learned on the go, also taking into account that I had no prior experience in IT and the software developing field. This is where I realised that I have an admirable aptitude for working on computers.

End of June 2011 the directors of Digibali Productions CC (alias Wiki Village Pty Ltd) decided to work from home and therefore closed their brick-and-mortar office in Sedgefield. Being the only staff member, I started working remotely after hours for them. 

By 2017 I was a full-time Virtual Assistant for an Estate Agent. I also offered to host and create various types of websites.

During my career, I dealt directly with customers and clients in person, online as well as by phone. In every situation, I had to practice excellent written and verbal communication skills in either English or Afrikaans.

My expertise also encompasses good typing skills. I have very good health, can work in a team, or independently if required, and am always eager to learn new trades.

The benefit I can bring to a business is that I am a good team player with a positive attitude, plus my problem solving and organising talents are widely spoken about. I am a fast learner, am trustworthy, hardworking, loyal, and can handle difficult customers discreetly.

My biggest strengths are most definitely patience and perseverance. I am able to function very well under pressure, can meet deadlines, prioritise and I can multi-task. My workplace is always clean and tidy.

I do not confine myself solely to my own work; when help is needed in another department, I kindly lend a hand.